1Sahil B = ""CALLED “THE CORE and kernel of Islam” by Joseph Schacht, the Shariah was developed by the Ulama
as the basis for the judgment of all actions in Islam as good or bad, to be rewarded or punished. More
specifically, the Shariah recognizes five categories of behavior:
1) actions that are obligatory, in that their performance is rewarded and their omission punished;
2) actions that are meritorious, in that their performance may be rewarded, but their neglect is not
3) actions that are neutral and indifferent;
4) actions that are considered reprehensible, though not necessarily punished; and
5) actions that are forbidden and punished."-No god but God, Reza Aslan "